Sunday, July 16, 2017

The Cape

There's nothing quite like baseball on a Sunny afternoon. My favorite part of watching baseball games is the the ambiance is different everywhere you go. The site lines, crowd, food, chatter and more. There is always so much going on!


 Last night I was lucky enough to take my 6 week old daughter to Orleans in Cape Cod to her first baseball game - the Orleans Firebirds vs the Brewster Whitecaps. This was extra special for me. I have traveled to every MLB stadium with my dad and brother in trips since I was 7. I wrote my college essay about my baseball trips. My best friends today are guys I played little league with. So you could imagine The excitement when I could bring my daughter to a game, alongside my dad, wife, sister and father-in-law.

The field in Orleans is like I've never seen. Minimal bleachers set up behind home and in the outfield, and instead fields of grass down the lines for folks to set up picnics, lawn chairs or just sit on the cool grass. Though the sitelines were not great,the atmosphere was! Kids everywhere running around, food good baseball, and enough space for everyone to enjoy. Free entrance, Programs and cheap food along with all this space made bringing my baby extra easy and extra special.

For those unaware, the Cape Cod Baseball League is the summer league with the cream of the College crop. Guys like Chris Bryant, Aaron Judge and Chris Sale have all showcased their skills here. In fact, in 2016 279 MLB players came from the cape league. Everywhere games are free, fan friendly and nearly every day. Below are some pictures of my trip with my baby girl. I'm excited to go to many more!I

group at the game

view from the seats

selfie with my girl!

group selfie from our seats

No comments:

Post a Comment